The impact of Caring in Bristol’s volunteers over the past three decades has been immense. Their time, skills, and expertise has made a real difference across Bristol through the projects, services and fundraising that they have supported.
In 2022 our Caring at Christmas programme relied on over 450 volunteers to help prepare and deliver the work that provided a day centre and home deliveries to people experiencing homelessness over the seven days of Christmas week. Without them it would be impossible to create an event of this size and complexity, and their friendly, inclusive presence was vital in ensuring our guests had the good time that they deserved. In return, our volunteers received the support and training they needed to be able to turn their valuable time into a rewarding experience.
Projects such as Bristol Goods which operate in various parts of Bristol are supported by local volunteers whose knowledge of their neighbourhoods and determination to create lasting change. This means that operations like our pop-up food sessions and community social eating events are built with a better understanding of their locality.
Our volunteers also help with fundraising activities, meaning that vital funds are raised to make sure that our work can continue and be expanded. Their presence at events, whether that’s events like Bristol Pride or the Belly Laughs comedy shows, raises our profile and helps people in Bristol to better understand the need for Bristol to become a city that solves homelessness.
If you are interested in volunteering, sign up to our volunteers’ newsletter. We send this out when volunteer opportunities arise. You can also follow our social accounts where we announce any new opportunities. If you have any areas of skill or expertise that you think would support Caring in Bristol’s mission to create a city empowered to solve homeless, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more about our fantastic volunteers…
- Find out what motivated James and Abby to spend their Christmas volunteering with our Caring at Christmas project.
- Hear Bristol Goods volunteers Kate and Hayley talk about their work using food as a tool to prevent homelessness.
- Read what Bee had to say about her varied roles as a volunteer during Volunteers’ Week 2022.
- Learn how Derrick is helping our project, Bristol Goods, to break the link between food insecurity and homelessness.
Other ways to support…
- Your business can find out how to support us on our corporate partnerships page.
- Your community group, school or faith group can find out more ways to support us on our community partnerships page.
- You can make a donation to increase the amount and impact of work we can do by making a donation.
- Share our posts on social media.