Project Z is Caring in Bristol’s floating support service for people aged 16-25 who are experiencing multiple difficulties around their housing situation. We operate in greater Bristol and can offer long or short-term support. Our aim is to empower young people to live to their full potential. We are also working towards opening a new youth shelter in Bristol.
Who we work with
- People aged between 16-25
- Insecurely housed/experiencing difficulties maintaining their housing situation
- Would benefit from a holistic approach that provides support to them in a number of areas of their life
- May require advocacy to assist them with navigating systems and services
Who we can’t work with
- Young people who we are unable to keep safe. This is important so that we avoid harm and distress but, we are open to reviewing this case by caseA young person – –
- who doesn’t feel they need our service or hasn’t actively consented to the referral being made
- Young people who have secure housing and are managing this well
- Young people that are already receiving the appropriate level of support
- Young people who lack connection to the greater Bristol area
We place individuals we support at the centre of the service, and we seek to ensure that young people, are always involved in making decisions about their life. We focus on a person’s strengths, interests, resources, and capabilities. We recognise that the individual is the expert in knowing what they need and want, and their input is paramount when identifying how their needs and wants can best be met. We are transparent, consistent and support the person, so their needs and wishes are at the forefront of everything we do. We can offer face to face appointments or alternative ways that work best for the person i.e. via telephone or zoom. Sometimes individuals may only want to work with us for short period of time, but we can offer longer term support too.